Saturday, January 25, 2014

Getting our exercise on!

I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that one of my New Years Resolutions was to get in better shape. Instead of actually making one of my resolutions "Get in better shape and exercise" I decided to make the resolution to "Live everyday with determination" I decided to have broad resolutions this year and so far it is working better than it has any other year!

Okay, so to the whole point of the post....
I need to give you a little background about our office in our house. We use one of our 2 extra bedrooms as an office space and where I keep my crafting supplies. We have a desk with our computer, an exercise bike, and we decided to put a small couch in there to use it as another option if we want to watch tv. So, I can count on one hand how many times we have actually sat on that couch and watched tv. It just doesn't happen, and since we already have a den where we watch tv, we decided that our office could be used for something more proactive.

We decided to move the couch out of the room which gave us a ton of open space and plenty of room to make it what we wanted... a dedicated space to get some exercise. It is so cold outside, and having something easily accessible at home makes getting some activity in a lot easier. Take a look at the changes I made...

This is a view when you walk into the room from the hallway. This wall is where the couch used to be.
 



I used this shelf I got at Lowes a few years ago that was already in the room holding some useless crafting supplies. It wasn't really serving a purpose; it was just a junk collector. So, I cleaned it out and decided it would be great storage for things we need for our workouts.
 
 
I got this iHome at a yard sale this past summer for $3.00 YES that is $3.00 It works perfect and it is a great home for my ipod while I am on the bike!
 
 
I'm kind of obsessed with this little dust collector. I got it at Marshalls for $5 and it holds all of my earphones, headbands and ponytail holders.
 
 
I got this super cute and colorful magazine holder at the dollar spot at target. I keep all of my workout dvds in it.

 
I've had this little box for a while, and I keep some towels in there so I don't have to run to the linen closet.

 
This woven basket is one of my all time favorites! I have some magazines and books in there just in case I want to catch up on some reading while I am on the bike (which usually means I'm not working hard enough haha)


 
This little pink box has my resistance bands, and some tiny weights in it. It adds a great pop of color to the white shelves that are sitting on a white wall!
 
 
And there you have it! I am really glad that we decided to make this change. It is nice to have an open space to do workout videos, pull out the yoga mat, and have plenty of space for our bike. Since we used mostly stuff we already had this project was pretty much free.
 
Thanks for stopping by!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!