Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Simple, DIY Earring Hanger




Okay, so if there is something that you must know about me it is the fact that I LOVE earrings. I have owned probably hundreds of pairs of earrings in my life, and for some reason I always feel like I need more. I have been searching and searching on Pinterest for ideas to display my earrings because let's face it, beautiful things need to be seen!!!!
I found a few inspiring ideas....


 

 

 


Source


I just love all of the good ideas out there and I decided to look around my house and see what I could find...
You only need two items to make the earring hanger that I made and I had both of them on hand at my house.
  • A picture frame (this is where you can get creative; whatever size, color, design, shape you want!)
  • 1 sheet of plastic canvas to fit your size frame from a craft store (I got mine at Hobby Lobby by the fabric in the same section where you buy fabric hoops, knitting needles, and such.) Make sure to get EXTRA FIRM; it will keep it from being all floppy and cause your earrings to fall off easy. These sheets are super cheap; mine was 99 cents and with a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby you can't go wrong. There are also a lot of color options with this plastic canvas too if you decide clear is too boring for you!
So once you have the two items you need follow these simple instructions...
  1. Remove the glass from the frame
  2. Cut your sheet of plastic canvas to fit snugly in your frame
  3. Put the plastic canvas sheet in the frame and attach the best way for your items; this could be super glue, hot glue gun, staple gun, or any other way you can think of to keep it in place. Remember that the tighter and more secure your plastic canvas sheet is the better; this will keep the plastic canvas from moving around and becoming flimsy which makes your earrings fall out all over the place which is NOT FUN!
And that's it!!! I hope that you enjoy making yourself one!!! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!