Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bookshelf Makeover!



Hey everyone! I am so excited to share with ya'll today! So one of my most favorite things about our little starter home is our den! We have a lot of work to do in it, but we have some great qualities that I absolutely love! One is these amazing built in bookshelves that we have on the sides of the fireplace! I love built ins and I love bookshelves which is why I was so mad with myself that I let this ugliness happen! Our bookshelves had somehow become a catch-all for junk! There was no order, no color, and no organization at all!
So, as embarrassed as I am to show you these, I will do it because I love you....

Here are the bookshelves before the makeover....




So I had been searching for what I wanted to do to give these bookshelves some life. I'm sure that you have all seen bookshelf makeovers on pinterest like I had. Most of them are makeovers with wallpaper on the back of them, but I didn't think I wanted to commit that much. I decided to buy enough foam board at Hobby Lobby for the back of each shelf then after measuring I cut out my rectangles with an exacto knife. I found some amazing FABRIC by Premier Fabrics for a great price and of course I bought way too much so I have some nice left overs for another project. I then wrapped each foam board in fabric like I was wrapping a present and hot glued it into place. Now I can switch out the fabric if I want later, but I love it so much that I don't see a change in the near future at all!

And of course I had to go shopping for some accessories to put on the shelves and the mantel. I had some already, but I found great things from Marshalls and Tuesday Morning which kept the cost under $50.  The total for the foam board, fabric, and accessories was close to $100. I am so excited to have this finished! Take a look!!!!




 This also means that I can cross #23 off of my 101 Things that I want to do in 1001 days! Let me know what you think!!!! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!